Choosing the right recruiter for YOU. It seems like it should be pretty simple, right?
It is not as simple as you might think. It is a life fact that not everyone gets along with everyone else in the world. Some people have a very large circle of friends, but secretly they have an even smaller circle of good friends and an even smaller circle of their BFF’s. It is just how it goes.
The same goes with recruiters. You can know a lot of different recruiters (a large circle of friends), but you definitely know the ones that you click with better than others. Travelers will pick a handful of companies and recruiters that they keep handy for themselves and recommend for others. It’s their smaller circle of good friends. Then they have the recruiters that they would work with and trust without a doubt as their BFF’s! Get it?
Here are a few tips to choosing the right one for you!
- Do your research on traveling and ask a lot of questions when you talk to a recruiter.
- A good recruiter will talk to you and explain the industry and how it works willingly.
- Set realistic expectations for what traveling really is.
- Build a relationship with two way open communication. Honesty is the best policy.
- Get recommendations from other travelers you know and have met.
- If you get a bad gut feeling about something that you are told, trust your gut.
- If you feel like just a warm body or a number, find a new recruiter.
- All companies and recruiters are different, make a list of pros and cons and compare.
There are so many companies and recruiters out there in the world, so find one that is right for you It may take trying it out on a contract a time or two, but eventually you will have your inner circle of BFF’s and your small circle of good friends before you know it!
What's the value in having a good recruiter? Read more on how a good recruiter will have your back while you're out on the road.