Nurses and nursing students are so valuable in the healthcare system and should be recognized for all that they do. And you don't have to tell us twice. That’s why Fusion Medical Staffing offers scholarships for nursing students and awards for travel nurses and allied health professionals. Here's the scoop.
How Fusion Medical Staffing Recognizes BSN Students and Healthcare Travelers
Compassion in Care Scholarship
There are many scholarships for nursing students, but the difference is that we have a four-year renewable scholarship beginning in the 2024-2025 academic year. With this scholarship, 10 nursing students will be awarded $5,000 each for pursuing their Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- Fusion will award $5,000 to up to 10 students pursuing their Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- The scholarship can be renewed for up to four years
- Applications are due March 1, 2024
- Scholarship winners will be announced in April 2024
- This scholarship is open to students enrolled in a BSN program
- We accept students from all years of school. Transferring schools does not invalidate your scholarship as long as you stay within the BSN field of study
- Current Fusion staff (including corporate employees and travelers) and family members of staff are eligible to apply
- Recipients will receive $5,000 and be matched with a Fusion mentor who also has their BSN to help support them through nursing school
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Provide proof of acceptance or enrollment as a full-time nursing student at a United States accredited institution. Must be pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree
- Complete and submit your application by March 1, 2024
- Provide proof of citizenship in the United States of America
How do I apply for the Compassion in Care Scholarship?
- Fill out the application
- Be prepared to answer the following essay questions:
- What do you hope to accomplish with a career in nursing?
- What inspired you to pursue a career in nursing?
- What strengths do you have that will assist you in being successful in nursing?
Traveling Hearts Award
It's no secret that our core purpose is to improve the lives of everyone we touch. And this award recognizes travelers who live up to that. Two healthcare travelers (one nursing traveler and one allied traveler) will receive $2,000 for their dedication to extraordinary patient care.
- Nominations are open from January 1, 2024 through March 31, 2024
- Winners will be notified and announced in June 2024
- Extraordinary direct patient care
- Shows strong initiative and drive
- Empowers others through mentorship and collaboration
- Holds themselves and their peers to high ethical standards and integrity
- Dedicated to Fusion’s core values of being humble, driven and positive
- Advocates for refreshing healthcare
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Must have completed at least one assignment with Fusion
- Must be a current traveler
- Travelers can be nominated by recruiters, facility leaders, or patients, or they can nominate themselves
The DAISY Award
You go above and beyond to offer compassion and excellent clinical care to your patients and their families. Through the DAISY Foundation, patients, families and coworkers can honor nurses’ dedication by nominating them for their outstanding service.
Recipients will be honored at a celebration with their peers, leadership, friends and family. They’ll be recognized with a certificate, a hand-carved Healer’s Touch sculpture and several other mementos.
- A certificate held in a DAISY portfolio
- A DAISY Award pin to wear on an ID badge
- A unique, hand-carved serpentine stone sculpture from Zimbabwe entitled “A Healer’s Touch”
- A spotlight on our website with the nurse’s photo and story
Submissions are always welcome! When you nominate your nurse, they’ll be considered in the next round of awards.
- Must be a licensed nurse (including LPN/LVNs)
- Nominees are nurses who live up to Fusion’s core purpose of “improving the lives of everyone they touch” by not only providing great clinical skill and leadership but also showing exemplary patient care and compassion.